Postmaster Henry B. R. Briggs waits on businessmen J. B. Van Nuys, James Rathwell Page, Ben R. Meyer, J. W. Elliott, and Stiles O. Clements, Los Angeles, 1935
- Postmaster Henry B. R. Briggs waits on businessmen J. B. Van Nuys, James Rathwell Page, Ben R. Meyer, J. W. Elliott, and Stiles O. Clements, Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- July-August 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Non-Closing Postoffice Opens on Spring Street," Los Angeles Times, 25 July 1935: A1.
The new Los Angeles post office is the only one in the United States that is open seven days a week any time of day or night.
The men form a line in front of the mailboxes to talk to Briggs, leaning over the window counter. Van Nuys leans on the counter holding his hat in his hand.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Business people--American--California--Los Angeles
Post offices--California--Los Angeles
Page, James Rathwell, 1884-1962
Clements, Stiles Oliver, 1883-1966
Van Nuys, James Benton, 1883-1962
Briggs, Henry B. R., 1881-1936
Elliott, James W.
Meyer, Benjamin R., 1879-1957
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded