C. L. Glenn, Judge Arthur Keetch, Cornelia G. Stevenson, Millson Downs, and J. Roy McClay welcome the Camp Fire Girls to the Co-operative club of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, 1929
- C. L. Glenn, Judge Arthur Keetch, Cornelia G. Stevenson, Millson Downs, and J. Roy McClay welcome the Camp Fire Girls to the Co-operative club of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, 1929
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- December 1929
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
A large group of the Camp Fire Girls sit on the floor around a candle display. Half of them are wearing costumes that are inspired by the clothing of Native Americans. Officials of the Co-Operative club stand behind them watching the display.
The Co-operative Club of Los Angeles has gained 1800 new members through their adoption of the Camp Fire Girl groups throughout the city at a ceremony at the Biltmore.
Photograph appears with the article, "Girls' Group Adopted By Men's Club," Los Angeles Times, 18 Dec 1929: A2.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Rites & Ceremonies--California--Los Angeles
McClay, J. Roy, 1890-1956
Downs, Millson W., 1895-1992
Camp Fire Girls
Stevenson, Cornelia G., 1895-1972
Keetch, Arthur, 1867-1936
Biltmore Hotel (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.