Burbank float at Tournament of Roses, Pasadena, 1939
- Burbank float at Tournament of Roses, Pasadena, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 2, 1939
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The 1939 Tournament of Roses theme was Golden Jubilee to mark the 50th anniversary of the parade. Shirley Temple served as Grand Marshal.
Four horses made of flowers lead a stagecoach and across the front of the float “TALLY HO 1889” is spelled out in flowers. Atop the float are Leo Burt, Elmer Forsyth, Al Cooper, Pearl Ramgren, Marguerite Harp, and Nancy Hungate.
Burbank’s Rose Parade float was made of roses, lavender, and chrysanthemums and featured a stagecoach with driver and women holding parasols sitting on top.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.