Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 2, 1939
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Different photographs taken on the same occasion appear with the article, "Rose Parade Awes 1,250,000," Los Angeles Times, 03 Jan 1939: 1.
The 1939 Tournament of Roses theme was Golden Jubilee to mark the 50th anniversary of the parade. Shirley Temple served as Grand Marshal.
A series of floats ride down Colorado Boulevard. The unidentified float at the front features a gazebo, house, and bridge made of flowers. An older man and woman sitting in the gazebo are accompanied by a young man and woman and two children sitting at the front of the float.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
- Tournament of Roses
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.