Henry B. R. Briggs, Postmaster of Los Angeles, 1934-1936
- Henry B. R. Briggs, Postmaster of Los Angeles, 1934-1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- [between February 1, 1934 to September 28, 1936]
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Henry B. R. Briggs, Postmaster of Los Angeles, kneeling in front of a fireplace. There is a carved eagle on the marble mantelpiece of the fireplace, suggesting that Briggs is in a U. S. government building.
Henry B. R. Briggs was the Postmaster of Los Angeles from February 1, 1934 to his death (from pneumonia) on September 28, 1936. Prior to that, he was the publisher and editor of the Los Angeles Record. J. F. Bourne, a long-term postal employee, is mentioned in Los Angeles Times coverage of post office news between 1910 and 1938.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.