Wrestling match between Ernie "Dirty" Dusek and Vincent López, Olympic Auditorium, Los Angeles, 1935
- Wrestling match between Ernie "Dirty" Dusek and Vincent López, Olympic Auditorium, Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- July 3, 1935
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Ernie "Dirty" Dusek and Vincent López (born Daniel Vincent Lopez de Vinaspre) grappling in a wrestling ring. A referee stands to the left. The match was part of Lou Daro's International Wrestling Tournament, Olympic Auditorium.
Related to Los Angeles Times article, "Ernie Dusek Opposes Lopez Tonight in Semi-Final Match of Mat Tournament: Mexican on Short End. Omahan Favored Over Latin. Vincent Will Tackle Dean If He Wins Over Tough Mat Rival Tonight," 3 Jul. 1935: 8.
Built in 1924 and located at 1801 S. Grand Ave., the Grand Olympic Auditorium became the Glory Church of Jesus Christ in 2005.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.