Taos Pueblo artist Pop Chalee during a visit to Los Angeles, Los Angeles, 1939
- Taos Pueblo artist Pop Chalee during a visit to Los Angeles, Los Angeles, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 1, 1939
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph of artist Pop Chalee holding one of her pieces of art that features three wild horses. In this photograph she is visiting Los Angeles from New Mexico.
This photograph may be associated with the article, “City Paid Visit by Indian Artist: Pop-chalee Most Famous of Pueblo Woman Painters,” Los Angeles Times, 1 Jan. 1939: 6.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- No license recorded