Enrique Macagno, Emilio Mallol, and Federico Ramos Ruiz gather together at the Biltmore Hotel, Los Angeles, 1936
- Enrique Macagno, Emilio Mallol, and Federico Ramos Ruiz gather together at the Biltmore Hotel, Los Angeles, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 17, 1936
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Similar photograph appears with the article, "Argentines Meet Here," Los Angeles Times, 18 Jan 1936: A3.
Federico Ramos Ruiz of the mineral department of the Argentinian government was delighted to discover that his former professor Emilio Mallol was also staying at the Biltmore with his friend, Enrique Macagno. Mallol is visiting America to learn more about the mechanical engineering of the country to pass along his information to the University of Buenos Aires while Macagno studies the American dairy industry.
Macagno sits cross-legged with his had over his knee while Mallol holds his hat in his lap, smoking a cigarette. Ruiz also smokes, one leg crossed over the other.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Government officials--Argentinian--California--Los Angeles
Ruiz, Federico Ramos
Biltmore Hotel (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Macagno, Enrique, b. 1886 or 87
Mallol, Emilio, b. 1888
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.