"First Pacific Airmail Flight" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- "First Pacific Airmail Flight" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- Snyder, Bill
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 1, 1936
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Float depicting the clipper plane which had recently flown across the Pacific on the first Orient air-mail flight, sponsored by the Pasadena city schools. The float is photographed passing the Goodhue flagpole at the intersection of Orange Grove Blvd. and Colorado Blvd.
The theme of the 1936 forty-seventh annual Rose Parade was "History in Flowers."
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded