Photograph of three threatening notes received by Lalla Vennum in Los Angeles, 1926
- Photograph of three threatening notes received by Lalla Vennum in Los Angeles, 1926
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 27, 1926
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Related to the article, "Seek Clew In Girl Branding; Police Hunt Hooded Pair of Mutilators; Fiery Cross Burned Into Flesh of Arm; K.K.K. Warnings Followed by Attack," Los Angeles Times, 29 Jan. 1926: A10.
Three threatening notes received by Lalla Vennum, and her mother, that warn the Lalla to marry Ed Mylar. Note #1, "You got her away but it will do no good. Well get both." Note #2, "Warning. Lalla Vennum You and E.D. Mylar must be married within 2 days or you'll both wish you had. K.K.K." Note #3, (mostly illegible), includes "final notice."
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.