Funeral procession for longshoreman Norman "Big Bill" Gregg, San Pedro, 1937
- Funeral procession for longshoreman Norman "Big Bill" Gregg, San Pedro, 1937
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Date Created
- [circa May 29, 1937]
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Funeral procession for longshoreman Norman Gregg, who was known as "Big Bill." Gregg was shot by Patrolman W.H. Redding, and his death created an uproar amongst longshoremen. Traffic was blocked by demonstrations, and a shrine was constructed around the scene of the shooting.
- b&w nitrate negative
- 1 photograph
Find This Item
- Local identifier
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .