Anna Laura Barnett mourns beside late husband Jackson Barnett’s casket, Los Angeles, 1934
- Anna Laura Barnett mourns beside late husband Jackson Barnett’s casket, Los Angeles, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- June 7, 1934
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The death of Jackson Barnett, a wealthy Native American man, in 1934 stirred controversy when a woman whose marriage to him had been voided claimed to be a custodian of his body. After much dispute with different Native American agencies and some delay, Barnett was buried at Hollywood Cemetery with a Christian funeral service.
This photograph is likely related to the article, “Jackson Barnett Buried,” Los Angeles Times, 8 Jun 1934: A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.