Police Chief James E. Davis testifying before the grand jury about the attempted murder of Harry Raymond, Los Angeles, 1938
- Police Chief James E. Davis testifying before the grand jury about the attempted murder of Harry Raymond, Los Angeles, 1938
- Date Created
- February 24, 1938
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Police Chief James E. Davis testifying before the grand jury during the investigation into the bombing of the car of private investigator Harry Raymond. Police Captain Earle E. Kynette and his subordinate officers Roy J. Allen and Fred A. Browne were charged with the bombing. Kynette was in charge of a special police intelligence unit that had been conducting surveillance on Raymond’s home from a nearby bungalow. Before the car bombing, Raymond had been conducting investigative work on Mayor Shaw and his possible connections with illegal gambling.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .