"Fairyland," first prize winning float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1924
- "Fairyland," first prize winning float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1924
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 1, 1924
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
1924 marked the first year of a "Sweepstake Prize" in the annual Tournament of Roses Parade. The City of Glendale was the first winner.
"Fairyland" float with two girls dressed as winged fairies, one seated on a toad stool, and a boy dressed as an elf in a forest clearing with a suggestion of the forest with a waterfall at the back of the float. The float was entered by the city of Glendale. Spectators stand in front of a building with a signs reading: "Nash," and "Earl ... Motor Co."
- 1 photograph
- 4 x 5 inches
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.