Attorney George Penney with his convicted client Elliot B. Thomas, Los Angeles, 1932
- Attorney George Penney with his convicted client Elliot B. Thomas, Los Angeles, 1932
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- November 1932
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Thomas Given Prison Term," Los Angeles Times, 08 Nov 1932: A3.
Thomas and Penney stand in the courtroom with their hands behind their backs.
Former Redondo Beach school superintendent Elliot B. Thomas has been sentenced to serve one to fourteen years at San Quentin Penitentiary for the forgery of pay vouchers drawn against the County Treasury. He has misappropriated approximately $10,000.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
School superintendents--California--Los Angeles
Judicial proceedings--California--Los Angeles
Penney, George, b. 1897 or 98
Thomas, Elliot Boal, b. 1896-1981
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.