A crane digging in the sand, Calexico, 1936
- A crane digging in the sand, Calexico, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- March 15, 1936
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The details of the rigorous construction of the All American Canal.
Photograph appears with the article, "Blazing Skies Defied by Hurrying Crews Digging Big Ditch in Desert," Los Angeles Times, 16 Mar 1936: 10.
From the view of the control house the gigantic crane can be seen digging trenches in the sand.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.