Detective Lieutenant Jack Ellis holds the death certificate of Mildred Gross, Los Angeles, 1938
- Detective Lieutenant Jack Ellis holds the death certificate of Mildred Gross, Los Angeles, 1938
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- November 26, 1938
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
After a lethal overdose of sleeping powder 28-year-old Mildred Gross was considered dead with a lack of reflexes, respiration, or pulse, but after several injections of the drug picrotoxin by Dr. A.D. Trotter she began to breathe again without regaining consciousness. 11 hours later she passed away, survived by her husband and two sons.
Detective Lieutenant Ellis holds the death report of Mildred Gross, completed with all her information, beside his face.
Photograph appears with the article, "Science Loses Death Battle," Los Angeles Times, 27 Nov 1938: 9.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.