Shirley Temple riding a float as the Grand Marshal of the 50th Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Shirley Temple riding a float as the Grand Marshal of the 50th Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 2, 1939
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
A similar photograph taken on the same occasion appears with the headline, “Fiftieth Rose Parade Thrills Record Throng,” Los Angeles Times, 3 Jan 1939: 2.
The 1939 Tournament of Roses theme was Golden Jubilee to mark the 50th anniversary of the parade. Shirley Temple served as Grand Marshal.
The Grand Marshal float, which is decorated with 2,500 red and pink roses, includes a dais of white gardenias where Shirley Temple sits. On the front of the float are large roses made from thousands of rose petals.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Child actors--California--Los Angeles
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Tournament of Roses
Temple, Shirley, 1928-
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.