Details of writing room at Shea's Castle, Mojave Desert, 1935
- Details of writing room at Shea's Castle, Mojave Desert, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- March 16, 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The walls of the writing room, pictured here, were papered with $1,000,000 worth of defunct $10,000 German marks.
The massive granite structure, built by R. P. Shea, was sold to three Beverly Hills women in 1935. The "castle" boasts many unique design elements that remain untouched after the purchase.
Different photographs taken on the same occasion appear with the article, “Shea Desert Castle Sold,” Los Angeles Times, 25 Mar 1935: 19.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.