"Butch" Rogers knocks down "Champ" Clark, Grand Olympic Auditorium, Los Angeles, 1935
- "Butch" Rogers knocks down "Champ" Clark, Grand Olympic Auditorium, Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- October 15, 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Referee or coach leads Alfred "Butch" Rogers to corner of boxing ring, while Kent "Champ" Clark appears knocked out on ring floor. Spectators can be seen in background. The heavyweight match was conducted at the former Grand Olympic Auditorium in Los Angeles, with Rogers declared as the winner.
Related to Los Angeles Times article, "Army Boxer Stops Rival" [Los Angeles Times, October 15, 1935]
Built in 1924 and located at 1801 S. Grand Ave., the Grand Olympic Auditorium became the Glory Church of Jesus Christ in 2005.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- No license recorded