Letter from C. C. Julian of the New Monte Cristo Mining Co. to its stockholders dated 21 May 1929, photographed 1929-1933
- Letter from C. C. Julian of the New Monte Cristo Mining Co. to its stockholders dated 21 May 1929, photographed 1929-1933
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- [between 1929-1933]
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
May 21, 1929 letter from C. C. Julian of the New Monte Cristo Mining Co. to its stockholders reporting on the status of the development of mines owned by the company: a mine in Silver City, New Mexico; the Cascade Consolidated Mine in B.C. Canada; the Monte Cristo Mine at Wickenburg, Arizona; and the Gladys Bell property in Grass Valley, Northern California, pg. 3.
C. C. Julian was a con man who first hit oil in California in 1923 and over-sold shares in oil syndicates through the 1920'a into the 1930's. His business activities were repeatedly investigated. He committed suicide in Shanghai in 1934.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.