Witness testifies during Louis R. Payne murder trial, Los Angeles, 1934-1935
- Witness testifies during Louis R. Payne murder trial, Los Angeles, 1934-1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- [between June, 1934 and January, 1935]
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
In early June, 1934, police officers discovered the bodies of Carrie L. Payne, 45, and Robert Payne, 15, at their Westwood home. They had been brutally murdered by Louis R. Payne, their respective son and brother, in late May. Payne was arrested several days after he committed the crime and after confessing at a Huntington Beach police station. In January, 1935 he plead insanity and was sent to a sanitarium.
A bespectacled man sits at the witness stand in a courtroom.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.