Bouquet Canyon earth-fill dam under construction, 1933
- Bouquet Canyon earth-fill dam under construction, 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- September 1933
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
View from the side of the concrete covered upstream face of the Bouquet Canyon Dam. A truck, 2 automobiles and a tractor pulling rollers for scoring the earth or concrete are on top of the dam and workers are on slope of the dam.
Caption for a similar photograph taken on the same occasion: Bouquet Canyon Earth-Fill Dam Rapidly Taking on Permanent Form. Work Progressing. The city's dam in Bouquet Canyon to furnish storage for both water and power and to replace the ill-fated St. Francis Dam is rising steadily each day to the tune of rumbling trucks hauling earth from the pits to the dam site. The view here is from upstream looking at the concrete covered upstream face. The white streaks are streams of water poured on to aid the concrete to cure properly [Los Angeles Times, 6 Sept. 1933].
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.