Murder suspect Fred Stettler, Los Angeles, 1936
- Murder suspect Fred Stettler, Los Angeles, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- February 21, 1936
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
This photograph is possibly related to the article, “Dual Killing Quiz Grows,” Los Angeles Times, 23 Feb. 1936: 9
Fred Stettler sits facing the camera with one arm flung over the back of his chair.
25-year-old Swiss chauffeur Gottfried "Fred" Stettler is being held in suspicion of the murder of Mr. and Mrs. Carl and Dorothea Barbour. Stettler was charged with two counts of murder, two counts of burglary, and one count of arson. The victims were found partially cremated in bed with their skulls smashed.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.