House where William F. Gettle was kept during his kidnapping, La Crescenta, 1934
- House where William F. Gettle was kept during his kidnapping, La Crescenta, 1934
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- [circa May 16, 1934]]
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- The house in La Crescenta where William F. Gettle, Beverly Hills millionaire, was held during his five day kidnapping in May of 1934. Gettle was kidnapped from his ranch home in Arcadia on the night of May 9th during a housewarming party, then held in this La Crescenta house by a gang consisting of three men and two women. Police foiled their ransom plot and rescued Gettle on May 14th, following clues recorded on a dictagraph placed on the telephone conversations of a suspected bank robber.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .