Dr. Richard Light and Robert Wilson stop in San Pedro as they travel the world, San Pedro, 1935
- Dr. Richard Light and Robert Wilson stop in San Pedro as they travel the world, San Pedro, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Flying Doctor and Chum Arrive on World Tour," Los Angeles Times, 12 Jan 1935: A1.
Dr. Light and Robert stand on the plane, which floats in the middle of the water.
Surgical instructor at Yale Medical School Dr. Richard Light is flying around the world on his Bellanca seaplane accompanied by recent Yale graduate Robert Wilson. They have flown to Labrador, Greenland, Iceland, Scotland, England, Italy, Mesopotamia, India, Siam, the Malay States, the Dutch East Indies, and Manila.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Air pilots--American--California--San Pedro
Light, Richard Upjohn, 1902-1994
- San Pedro (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.