A crowd gathers after a robbery at the Southern County Bank, El Monte, 1936
- A crowd gathers after a robbery at the Southern County Bank, El Monte, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 31, 1936
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
This photograph appears with the article, “Two Bank Bandits Shot to Death in El Monte Battle: Third Seized as Officers’ Pistol Team Rushes to Scene After Alarm; Two Law Enforcers Wounded,” Los Angeles Times, 1 Feb. 1936: 1.
Photograph of a crowd standing outside of a building that houses the Masonic Temple, the Daily Bread Shop, and the Southern County Bank. It appears to be raining, as several people are using umbrellas and the roads are slick with water. There are several cars and some palm trees in the background.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.