Ethel Broderick, Bellevue Arms apartment manager, photographed during the Hickman kidnap and murder trial, Los Angeles, 1928
- Ethel Broderick, Bellevue Arms apartment manager, photographed during the Hickman kidnap and murder trial, Los Angeles, 1928
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Ethel Broderick is noted in the Los Angeles Times article, "Hickman Believed in Seattle; Bill Passed: Parker Girl Murder Suspect Arrest Expected to be Made Any Hour; Photograph Identified," 22 Dec. 1927: 1.
Hickman held the girl at an apartment he rented in Broderick's building. Hickman was sentenced to death after a 13-day trial. He was executed at San Quentin, October 19, 1928.
Ethel Broderick, Bellevue Arms apartment manager, seated, wearing a hat and overcoat. Broderick was probably photographed during the trial of William Edward Hickman, who confessed to the kidnap and murder of 12-year-old Marion Parker in December of 1927.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parker, Marion, 1915-1927
Hickman, William Edward, 1908-1928
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.