Zeiss Mark II Planetarium Projector at the Griffith Observatory, Los Angeles, circa 1935
- Zeiss Mark II Planetarium Projector at the Griffith Observatory, Los Angeles, circa 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- [circa 1935]
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The Griffith Observatory was created using a design developed by architects John C. Austin and Frederick M. Ashley based on preliminary sketches by Russell W. Porter.
View of the Zeiss Mark II Planetarium Projector at the Griffith Observatory. The projector produced an accurate image of the stars and other astronomical objects on the dome of the planetarium. It was manufactured by Zeiss Optical Works; a label on the planetarium reads "Carl Zeiss, Jena, Germany."
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- No license recorded