Police Chief Frank Davis, Mayor Frank Shaw, and Sheriff Gene Biscailuz welcome Mexican Governor Jose Mijares Palencia, Los Angeles, 1935
- Police Chief Frank Davis, Mayor Frank Shaw, and Sheriff Gene Biscailuz welcome Mexican Governor Jose Mijares Palencia, Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- July 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Governor Jose Mijares Palencia of the State of Puebla, Mexico visits Southland.
Similar photograph appears with the headline, "Endurance Flyers Conclude Long Flight-Girl Guarded in Extortion Threat," Los Angeles Times, 03 July 1935: 16.
Mayor Shaw holds an object in a small black casing in front of Governor Palencia. Davis and Biscailuz stand on either side of them.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Biscailuz, Eugene W., 1883-1969
Shaw, Frank L., 1877-1958
Mijares Palencia, Jose, 1895-1965
Davis, James E. (James Edgar), 1889-1949
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- No license recorded