Daniel Boone Trail Highway marker (copy print)
- Daniel Boone Trail Highway marker (copy print)
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- [between 1920-1939]
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Between 1913 and 1938, J.(Joseph) Hampton Rich, a resident of Mocksville, North Carolina, USA took it upon himself to keep the memory of Daniel Boone and his travels alive. He did this by placing 358 metal tablets between Virginia Beach, VA and San Francisco, CA.
Daniel Boone Trail Highway marker, a relief plaque with an image of Daniel Boone seated with his rifle and dog. An American flag is draped around the plaque .
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.