"Pilgrim Days" float at Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, California, 1936
- "Pilgrim Days" float at Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, California, 1936
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- January 1, 1936
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
The theme for the forty-seventh Rose Parade was "History in Flowers"
Pilgrim days with a church and steeple set back in a forest and with Florence and Stanley Astenleiter and their 5-year-old daughter Yvonne, costumed in 17th century garments in the front. The float is seen at the intersection of Colorado Boulevard and Orange Grove Blvd.
The float was entered by the city of Glendale and won the Tournament of Roses theme prize
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Aspenleiter, Florence, b. 1908 or 09
Aspenleiter, Stanley, b. 1905
Tournament of Roses
Aspenleiter, Yvonne Marie, b. 1931
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .