"Pilgrim Days" float at Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, California, 1936
- "Pilgrim Days" float at Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, California, 1936
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- January 1, 1936
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
The float was entered by the city of Glendale and won the Tournament of Roses theme prize
Pilgrim days with a church and steeple set back in a forest and with Florence and Stanley Astenleiter and their 5-year-old daughter Yvonne, costumed in 17th century garments in the front. The float is seen at the intersection of Colorado Boulevard and Orange Grove Blvd.
The theme for the forty-seventh Rose Parade was "History in Flowers"
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Aspenleiter, Yvonne Marie, b. 1931
Aspenleiter, Florence, b. 1908 or 09
Aspenleiter, Stanley, b. 1905
Tournament of Roses
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .