Tree planting ceremony honoring Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, April 20th, 1934.
- Tree planting ceremony honoring Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, April 20th, 1934.
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- April 20, 1934
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Trees are planted to honor Los Angeles's patron of music, and as part of a ceremony marking the end of a series of concerts by the Los Angeles Philharmonic as led by conductor Otto Klemperer. The trees planted were nine eugenia trees, planted in a semi-circle around the statue of Beethoven in Pershing Square, as a represtentation of his Ninth Symphony.Pictured from left to right are Klemperer, Mayor Shaw, and John Smallman, founder of the Smallman Oratorio Society.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .