Letter from Walter D. Abel to E. M. Daugherty about the Western Lead Mines Company, 1926
- Letter from Walter D. Abel to E. M. Daugherty about the Western Lead Mines Company, 1926
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Letter from Walter D. Abel, Chief Engineer of the Corporation Commission, to E. M. Daugherty, Corporation Commissioner about a report on property owned by the Western Lead Mines Company, operated by C. C. Julian. Daugherty investigated the business activities of C. C. Julian throughout the 1920's.
C. C. Julian was a con man who first hit oil in California in 1923 and over-sold shares in oil syndicates through the 1920'a into the 1930's. His business activities were repeatedly investigated. He committed suicide in Shanghai in 1934.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded