Ceremonial setting of a bronze medallion at the dedication of the Santa Barbara County Courthouse, Santa Barbara, 1929
- Ceremonial setting of a bronze medallion at the dedication of the Santa Barbara County Courthouse, Santa Barbara, 1929
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- August 14, 1929
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
This photograph was part of the coverage taken for the Los Angeles Times article "Charm of Spanish Days Retained: Santa Barbara Gay For Fiesta, Beautiful New Courthouse Formally Dedicated, History of State Pictured in $1,500,000 structure, Three-Day Festival Opens Today With Pageant," 8/15/1929.
The Santa Barbara County Courthouse is located at 1100 Anacapa Street, in Santa Barbara. The Spanish Colonial Revival style building was designed by William Mooser, Jr. and completed in 1929.
At the dedication of the Santa Barbara Courthouse, the ceremonial setting of a bronze medallion provided by the Native Sons of Golden West. The participants are shown mixing the ingredients of water from each of the California missions with sand and gravel from each of the counties in California on the main stage in front of the main entrance to the courthouse.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Building dedications--California--Santa Barbara
Native Sons of the Golden West
Santa Barbara County Courthouse (Santa Barbara, Calif.)
- Santa Barbara (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded