Military personnel in their skivvies during the Army-Navy maneuvers that took place off the coast of Southern California in late 1946
- Military personnel in their skivvies during the Army-Navy maneuvers that took place off the coast of Southern California in late 1946
- Date Created
- November and December 1946
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Military personnel in their skivvies getting measured for uniforms (?) during the Army-Navy Maneuvers that took place off the coast of Southern California at the end of 1946. The goal of the war games was to practice two maneuvers: Operation Mountain Goat, an amphibious landing designed to dislodge "enemy" troops, and Operation Oilskin, a landing to cut off "enemy" communications. The Army, Navy, and Marine Corps aircrafts participated in the exercise.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .