Charles F. Mayes is accused of manslaughter, Los Angeles County, 1932
- Charles F. Mayes is accused of manslaughter, Los Angeles County, 1932
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- December 1932
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Death Case Driver Held To Answer," Los Angeles Times, 30 Dec 1932: A1.
An unsmiling Mayes wears a dark suit and round glasses.
Charges of manslaughter have been filed against Charles F. Mayes in the death of Jessie H. Eddy, whom Mayes struck at a crosswalk at Glendale Boulevard and Park Avenue. Mayes fled the scene but was tracked down by his license plate number.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.