Pasadena Water Department parade float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Pasadena Water Department parade float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 2, 1939
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The Pasadena Water Department's float was called "Song of India."
Different photographs taken on the same occasion appears with the article, "Rose Parade Awes 1,250,000," Los Angeles Times, 03 Jan 1939: 1.
An elephant walking along a runway of waves appears before a two-dimensional floral illustration of the Taj Mahal. Princess Betty Mae Allin sits atop the elephant with her "attendants," Helen Jennerich and Bertiel Clark.
The 1939 Tournament of Roses theme was Golden Jubilee to mark the 50th anniversary of the parade. Shirley Temple served as Grand Marshal.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.