Birdseye view of race horses walking on the track at Santa Anita Park the month it first opened, Arcadia, 1934
- Birdseye view of race horses walking on the track at Santa Anita Park the month it first opened, Arcadia, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- December 1934
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Birdseye view of race horses walking on the track at Santa Anita Park. Horse numbers visible include, L to R: 7, 6, 5, 3, 2, 1, and 4. Jockeys and a man are walking on the track on the right. Fourteen men in suits and hats stand on the turf beyond the track.
Santa Anita Park, the oldest thoroughbred racetrack in Southern California, opened on December 25, 1934.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.