Detectives entering the bungalow of John H. and Rose Marie Happel, Los Angeles, 1934
- Detectives entering the bungalow of John H. and Rose Marie Happel, Los Angeles, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- December 5, 1934
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph was published in article: "Body of Slain Woman Found in Trunk," Los Angeles Times, 6 Dec. 1934: 3.
John H. Happel was arrested for the murder of his wife, Rose Marie Happel (also referred to as Rosabella in the Los Angeles Times). The case received attention due to Happel hiding his wife's body in a trunk. He eventually confessed to the murder.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded