Raymond E. Johnson, confessed murderer of young dancer Midi Takaoko, Los Angeles, 1936
- Raymond E. Johnson, confessed murderer of young dancer Midi Takaoko, Los Angeles, 1936
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- August 1936
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Raymond E. Johnson, confessed murderer of young dancer Midi Takaoko, sits next to William Bachand. Johnson became jealous after Takaoko began seeing another man. After stabbing her new lover, William J. Bachand, with an ice pick, Johnson came to Takaoko's home and cut her throat with a butcher knife.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .