Rouse MS 10. RHAZES et al., SYNONYMA, fragments.
- Rouse MS 10. RHAZES et al., SYNONYMA, fragments.
- Uniform title
- Richard H. and Mary A. Rouse Collection of Manuscripts.
- Date Created
- s. XV.
- Place of Origin
- Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts
- Written in Germany in the fifteenth century, to judge from script and watermark. Reused for a binding; pages cut vertically or horizontally to a width of 155 mm. Bought from H.P. Kraus by Richard and Mary Rouse, May 1987. Given to UCLA in 2005.
- Fragments of 9 leaves of text (and of 2 blank leaves) containing a list of transliterated Arabic words, alphabetized by first letter only, with Latin synonyms (words or phrases). Frame-ruled with lead point. Written by one scribe in a rapid gothic cursive in medium brown ink, in 39-41 lines in two columns. All folios cropped, all edges (except cut-off edges) in tatters; evidence of having been glued to other folios in places; severely spotted, without loss of text. Pen-trials on blank folio 11v.