R.L. Yates sits atop a bowsprit, Newport Beach, 1938-1939
- R.L. Yates sits atop a bowsprit, Newport Beach, 1938-1939
- Date Created
- December 1938-January 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
More and more residents opt to travel to a warmer climate on board the Mildura as winter sets in.
R.L. balances himself on a narrow rope and a chain underneath his feet as he ties another piece of the rope. The harbor can be seen in the background below him.
Photograph appears with the article, "Newport Ketch Made Ready for Cruise through Canal," Los Angeles Times, 29 Dec 1938: 6.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Ship equipment & rigging
- Yates, R.L.
- Newport Beach (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .