Queen Barbara Dougall rides her float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Queen Barbara Dougall rides her float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Date Created
- January 2, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
17-year-old Barbara Dougall was given thunderous applause from her legion of subjects at the Tournament of the Roses, the Crown City's New Year's gift since 1888.
Queen Barbara Virginia Dougall is seated at the top center, joined by members of her court on either side. The float is made of sweet pea blossoms.
The 1939 Tournament of Roses theme was Golden Jubilee to mark the 50th anniversary of the parade. Shirley Temple served as Grand Marshal.
A different photograph taken on the same occasion appears with the article, "Rose Parade Awes 1,250,000," Los Angeles Times, 03 Jan 1939: 1, 13.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .