City of Los Angeles float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- City of Los Angeles float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Date Created
- January 2, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The City of Los Angeles float theme was "Destiny," celebrating the city's growth.
The 1939 Tournament of Roses theme was Golden Jubilee to mark the 50th anniversary of the parade. Shirley Temple served as Grand Marshal.
The City of Los Angeles float can be seen in the forefront, followed by two other floats in the distance.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .