Betty Mae Allin on the Pasadena Water Department float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Betty Mae Allin on the Pasadena Water Department float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Date Created
- January 2, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The 1939 Tournament of Roses theme was Golden Jubilee to mark the 50th anniversary of the parade. Shirley Temple served as Grand Marshal.
Different photographs taken on the same occasion appear with the article, "Romance and Fantasy Feature Spectacle," Los Angeles Times, 03 Jan 1939: 3, 12.
The Pasadena Water Department float was titled "Song of India."
Betty Mae Allin is seen looking down at the camera, sitting atop a elephant made of white pompons.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .