Queen Barbara Dougall rides her float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Queen Barbara Dougall rides her float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Date Created
- January 1, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
17-year-old Barbara Dougall was given thunderous applause from her legion of subjects at the Tournament of the Roses, the Crown City's New Year's gift since 1888.
Photograph appears with the article, "Rose Parade Awes 1,250,000," Los Angeles Times, 03 Jan 1939: 1, 13.
The 1939 Tournament of Roses theme was Golden Jubilee to mark the 50th anniversary of the parade. Shirley Temple served as Grand Marshal.
Barbara waves from the center of a large decorative rose fashioned as a throne where she sits. Two other women in white gowns can be seen sitting directly on the float on the outside of the throne.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .