"Romance of the Oil Industry" float from Standard Oil at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- "Romance of the Oil Industry" float from Standard Oil at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Date Created
- January 2, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The 1939 Tournament of Roses theme was Golden Jubilee to mark the 50th anniversary of the parade. Shirley Temple served as Grand Marshal.
The Standard Oil float, which depicted the "Romance of Oil Industry," won the grand prize.
A similar photograph taken on the same occasion appears with the headline, "Oil Industry Wins Tournament's Grand Prize," Los Angeles Times, 3 Jan 1939: 12.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .