Spectators leaving Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Spectators leaving Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Date Created
- January 2, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
A similar photograph appears with the headline, "A Long Line of March from Start to Finish of Golden Memories Parade," Los Angeles Times, 3 Jan 1939: 13.
It was reported that approximately 1,250,000 people watched the parade from the sidelines and stands, causing a traffic jam. It was managed by police officers and moved relatively quickly.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .