Metropolitan Water District float at Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Metropolitan Water District float at Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Date Created
- January 2, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The 1939 Tournament of Roses theme was Golden Jubilee to mark the 50th anniversary of the parade. Shirley Temple served as Grand Marshal.
Two unidentified women and a man ride a parade float featuring a dam and desert. The sign in the front reads, “Vision of the Golden Cities.”
A similar photograph appears with the headline, “Long Beach Depicts Sea of Roses and Metropolitan Water District Parker Dam,” Los Angeles Times, 3 Jan 1939: 3
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .