Metropolitan Water District float at Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Metropolitan Water District float at Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Date Created
- January 2, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Two unidentified women and a man ride a parade float featuring a dam and desert. The sign in the front reads, “Vision of the Golden Cities.”
A similar photograph appears with the headline, “Long Beach Depicts Sea of Roses and Metropolitan Water District Parker Dam,” Los Angeles Times, 3 Jan 1939: 3
The 1939 Tournament of Roses theme was Golden Jubilee to mark the 50th anniversary of the parade. Shirley Temple served as Grand Marshal.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .